Monday, June 22, 2009

We Don't Have Cats!

We don't own any cats!

So why do I have FIVE, yes five, that I am feeding and that hang out outside my kitchen windows?? See the one in the chair? It has a twin. The big one on the ground eating is their momma and momma just recently added two more to the mix. She gets under our outdoor kitchen cabinet and has them and that's where they stay until she brings them out! Oh Joy!

So how did this all start?
We had a cat.
ONE cat, that T brought home as a kitten. He was the sweetest thing. Would let us hold him, pat him and he would sneak in the house and get on the couch to lounge every time the door opened. I miss that cat!

But back to before the missing him part. . . . he became friends with every stray cat in the area and I guess spread the word about the great cat food we put out for him or something because I found myself feeding his friends. And then he disappeared. But the friends kept on coming by to eat. After a while and at the end of one bag of food, I said to the kids, "I'm not buying any more cat food for those cats who won't even let us pat them." To which K replied, "God would want us to feed them."
So there you go. I'm a sucker! We have feed five cats!!
Oh and tan and white and his twin (they are the cutest things), they sit at the glass door and tilt their head at me when I walk by if their bowl is empty! Tell me they don't have me trained!


post signature

0 comments: